Home Arts & Lit December New Releases

December New Releases

212

Prepare yourself for a Christmas full of intensely thrilling and addictive books…

entry islandPeter May is the multitalented author of the infamous and award-winning Lewis Trilogy, the final book of which was published in June. The Scottish author has written several book series whilst maintaining a steady flow of film and television writing credits and Entry Island is his latest standalone thriller. Lonely, insomniac Detective Sime Mackenzie is glad to escape the regret that has characterised his life in Montreal. He journeys to Entry Island as part of an eight-officer team to investigate the murder of one of the island’s wealthiest inhabitants. Sime is shocked when the chief-suspect, the vengeful wife of the victim, strikes him with an unnerving familiarity – he is convinced he knows her, even though he has never met her. Despite the overwhelming amount of evidence building up against her, Sime meditates on his obsession, his insomnia peppered by haunting dreams of Scotland in which the widow takes a key part. He must battle with his guilt over what he suspects is innocence, and fight the conflicts that arise in neglect of his professional duties. Entry Island will be published by Quercus on 26th December, treat yourself this Boxing Day.

reaverReaver is the much anticipated latest instalment in the Demonica series by best-selling author Larissa Ione. Immerse yourself in this gloomy and dangerously addictive world. Reaver is a rogue angel, a warrior of heaven with a disturbing past who is insane enough to risk his wings to go to hell and steal from Satan himself. Harvester is a fallen angel who gave up her wings to work as an undercover agent in hell, but when her cover is blown she is lined up for an eternity of torture. If Reaver can succeed in freeing her from the depths of hell, she still has to contend with a newly acquired thirst for angel blood. Filled to the brim with romance, battle scenes and gorgeous angel-warriors Ione does not disappoint. Expect plot-twists and an addiction that will leave you desperately awaiting the next book! Reaver is published on 17th December.

hobbitCelebrate the second film in the Hobbit trilogy with a beautiful guide to the making of Middle Earth. The third in a series of lavish books, the team at Weko has worked closely with the production team to give you the most definitively beautiful guide. At 220 pages long it’s bursting with more than a thousand photographs and concept art work revealing a ton of insider information. Follow Bilbo as he continues on his epic quest to reclaim the lost Dwarf Kingdom of Erebor, and enjoy Peter Jackson’s masterpiece in even greater detail. The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug Chronicles III: Art & Design is released 13th December 2013.

Natalie Clark, New Releases Reporter

Leave a comment below or write to Books at the Facebook Group or on Twitter!