Home Headlines Thick as Thieves announce Hijacked Festival 2014

Thick as Thieves announce Hijacked Festival 2014

256

A new year, a new unprecedented announcement from Exeter’s pioneering dance collective Thick as Thieves. It seems as if the bass-mad gang are on a mission to take over Exeter and transform it into a bass-mad city. And later this year the collective are – literally – commandeering the streets.

In May this year Exeter’s Thieves, in association with their partners in grime, Our House and Beats & Bass Society, will slink out from the doldrums of Cellar Door and take over Exeter with Hijacked Festival – a day dedicated to dance music hedonism.

Hijacked Festival 2014 Image Credit: Thick as Thieves
Hijacked Festival 2014
Image Credit: Thick as Thieves

2,000 people will cram in an open-air venue comprised of three stages set to showcase the crème de la crème of electronic dance music. The Thieves, Our House and Beats & Bass are responsible for bringing some of the biggest and best names in dance music to the South West over the past two years – think Duke Dumont, Shadowchild and Kry Wolf – and the summer event is an exciting next step for Exeter’s burgeoning dance music scene.

Hijacked promises to be one of the most eagerly anticipated events of the calendar year as The Thieves & friends look to bring music mayhem to the masses on an industrial scale.

The line up for the all-day party is set to be announced on Tuesday 11th February when early bids can flock the their computers to eat up the cheapest batch of tickets.

Stay tuned and follow all the developments with Exeposé Music and Thick as Thieves.

Ben Clarke, Online Music Editor