Home Arts & Lit Arts Recommend: A Fool’s Proof, snow art, activist illustrations and more…

Arts Recommend: A Fool’s Proof, snow art, activist illustrations and more…

270

Every week we bring you our special selection of all things arty. From interesting websites to highly anticipated performances for your diary, there is something to spark all kinds of creative interest.

1. A Fool’s Proof @ The Bike Shed

Image Credits: bikeshedtheatre.co.uk
Image Credits: bikeshedtheatre.co.uk

“Trapped in a well shaft for 56 hours, a little girl waits to be found. Above ground, three journalists chase the story every step of the way, framing it for media consumption and spinning it wildly, erratically and erroneously away from the truth.  Inspired by true events, this tale searches for answers and scatters accusations as the rescue mission struggles on.”

Scratchworks Theatre was created by graduates from the University of Exeter and A Fool’s Proof is being performed at the Bike Shed as part of From Devon With Love, a three-week festival of work by local artists. Click here for more information.

2. Simon Beck’s Snow Art

The artist Simon Beck has created amazing large-scale snow drawings. He makes them by painstakingly walking in the snow to carve out the design. Some of the patterns have taken him hours and hours to produce, only to be covered up by the next snowfall. While some might say he’s crazy, the effect created is truly incredible. Check them out here.

3. Funny Looped Portraits

Conceptual photographer Romain Laurent set himself the challenge of creating a weekly animated looped portrait. “As far as the intention of the series, it’s a way for me to explore a hybrid medium, experiment and being spontaneous while still sticking to a short weekly deadline. There isn’t a common concept between each loop, I just ‘go with the flow’ and see what comes to my mind each week.” His playful and mesmerising creations can be seen here on his website.

4. Mesoamérica Resiste

The Beehive Design Collective is a group of artists, activists and storytellers who depict global issues using hand-drawn illustrations. Mesoamérica Resiste is their latest project which took nine years to make, charting social and environmental struggles using fable-like sketches. The drawings are pieced together on a massive poster, over 70 sq ft, to create an in-depth narrative. Check out their inspirational story here.

5. Process

“A short about what’s inside a man’s head while going through the “process” of ideation and creation.”

“Process” from hellopluto on Vimeo.

Bryony James and Giverny Masso, Online Arts Editors

Visit the University of Exeter Arts and Culture website here.