Home Arts & Lit West Side Story: Anybodys

West Side Story: Anybodys

339

Footlights’ column gives us a snapshot into what is happening in the run up to ‘West Side Story’, their Northcott show, first show this Wednesday the 29th.

This week’s Footlights’ blog introduces 3rd year Drama student Jess Reed who plays wannabe Jet, Anybody’s.

Tickets available www.exeternorthcott.co.uk | 01392 493 493. Selling fast, get them while you can!

Jess Reed Image credit: Sam Loyd
Jess Reed
Image credit: Sam Loyd
A note from one of our producers, Joanna Tew:
Hi, I am Joanna Tew one of the producers for West Side Story. I was terrified at the start of this process, facing the challenge of being a student producer, but with such a terrific team it’s been incredible. West Side Story is a challenging show requiring its actors to sing, dance and act (the true triple threat). The cast are pushing themselves to the max at the moment, perfecting every single spin, punch and high note in the show. Luckily no one has broken a leg or lost their voice. (yet). It’s really hard to believe that after nearly nine months of preparation next week is show week! On Monday the entire production team will be moving into the theatre to get through the heavy hours of technical set up that will prepare us for opening night. We have a very big company 31 actors, 30 musicians and a production crew of around 40 people and keeping track of them all is very daunting but we are all so excited for opening night. Thank you for following this weeks Footlights blog and we all hope to see you at West Side Story.
Jess Reed Image credit: Sam Loyd
Jess Reed
Image credit: Sam Loyd
NEXT TIME: Meet the JET BOYS!

Katie Turner

Click here for all Footlights column posts.