Home Exeter Sabbatical Elections 2014 Election week kicks off on Monday

Election week kicks off on Monday

306
Image credit: Exeter Guild
Image credit: Exeter Guild

Voting for this year’s Guild Sabbatical Officer Elections will open on Monday 3rd February and close on Friday 7th February.

From Monday, the candidates will be campaigning on campus and online in the hope of being elected to lead the Guild in the next academic year. The five positions that will be vied for are Guild President, AU President, VP Welfare and Diversity, VP Education and VP Activities. The elected students will work full time to represent the matters that are most important to the student body. The results will be announced on the evening of Friday 7th February in the Lemon Grove.

From Sunday to Thursday, Xpression FM will be hosting five live debates where the candidates will go head to head, discussing what they believe are the most important issues on campus. Exeposé will be covering the debates with live updates and post-debate analysis. Each debate will run from 6.30pm to 7.30pm in the Alumni Auditorium.

Exeposé will be providing extensive coverage of the elections over the coming week using the hashtag #ExeterVote. Visit the Elections section for profiles of the candidates, explanations of the sabbatical officer positions and various other election related articles.

On Tuesday 4th February, the new issue of Exeposé will feature 12 pages of election related coverage, including manifesto commentaries and other Sabbatical Officer related content.

Guild Election Debates

Sunday 2nd February: VP Education
Monday 3rd February: VP Welfare and Diversity
Tuesday 4th February: VP Activities
Wednesday 5th February: Guild President
Thursday 6th February: AU President
Friday 7th February: Live Results Show from the Lemon Grove

Click here for more information on the elections.

Tom Elliott, Online News Editor