More tickets sold for Prohibition Ball

More tickets sold for Prohibition Ball

136
Image credit: RAG Exeter
Image credit: RAG Exeter

After selling a total of 600 tickets at the end of last term, RAG decided to sell a limited number of extra tickets for tonight’s Prohibition Ball during yesterday afternoon.

Tickets for the event originally sold out back in December, and since then there have been approximately 250 students on a waiting list for potential additional tickets.

According to RAG’s Facebook post, students were able to purchase more tickets from the Guild Information Point from 2pm on 6 February, after RAG managed to gain extra capacity in their Exeter Phoenix venue.

These tickets were available on a first come, first served basis for the same regular ticket price of £25, and were limited to two per person.

Since the Prohibition Ball sold out over two months ago, some students have attempted to sell their tickets on, but have been advised otherwise by the Guild as they have warned that tickets are not transferable.

Sponsored by PWC, the Prohibition Ball is RAG’s brand new headline event as exclusively revealed by Exeposé last term, after their annual fundraising event the Safer Sex Ball (SSB) was cancelled last year.

Starting tonight at 9pm, all proceeds from the Prohibition Ball will be evenly split between RAG’s nominated charities for this academic year: Devon Freewheelers, Rainbow’s Trust, Concern Universal and Community Action.

Using the hash tag #WelcomeToTheUnderground, RAG asks its lucky ticket holders to prepare themselves “for a night of decadence and debauchery at the hottest juice joint in town”.

Amy Young, News Team