Home Games & Tech Review: Pokémon Bank

Review: Pokémon Bank

987

It’s here! It’s finally here! After months of delays, previously frustrated Pokéfans can now use Pokémon Bank and Pokémon Transporter. The downloadable application comes with a 30 day free pass and a link to download Pokémon Transporter, which enables you to upload all your favourite cute monsters (or eugenically bred killing machines)  from previous generations.

pokemon-bank-diagram-x-and-y-610x411

The system is very simple to get to grips with for beginners and experts alike and despite an annoyingly chipper Pokémon professor who briefs you slightly condescendingly, it doesn’t patronise you with an unnecessarily long tutorial.

There are a few flaws, a consistent internet connection is a must: one disconnection and you are whisked away to five menu clickthroughs, which although aren’t terrible, remain a little tiresome. Also, having transported a PC box full of Pokémon from White/Black/White 2/Black 2 to Bank, you will have to undergo a system of tedious cartridge change to transfer them from Bank to X/Y, before you can go back to get another box from the previous generation.

Overall, the system works. Bank is a free and relatively painless method of transferring prior generations to X and Y, and of keeping Pokémon in the cloud if you so wish. No doubt members of the newly established Pokémon society on campus will be revelling in its service now, if not despairing in their nuzlocke challenges.

Louis Doré

Follow us on Twitter: @ExeposeGames

Like our page on Facebook: Exeposé Games