Home Music Features Beats and Bass Society: Charity Mixathon

Beats and Bass Society: Charity Mixathon

253

We always knew our friends over at Beats and Bass Society were a charitable lot: the collective consistent stage some of the darkest and delightful dance music for us students throughout the year. But their latest venture sees the bass-mad bunch go one better.

The Society are staging a 6-day, nonstop, round-the-clock mixathon to be streamed live – all in aid of the wonderful Multiple Sclerosis (MS) Society. Exeter’s brightest and best talent will take over the Lemongrove Riatzza space on Monday February 24 at 10am and do what they do best day and night all the way through to the early hours of Saturday evening.

And here’s the best part: you, dear reader, are cordially invited to show off your mixing prowess. All you have to do is join the Faceboook group here, sort yourself a slot and do your thang on the airwaves. There’s no pressure with regards to skill/style/vibe – just get involved!

The whole event will be streamed live on audio and video, and anyone can  pop in for a little boogie and beer anytime. There will also be legendary DJ workshops, cakes and a ‘donate-for-requests’ happenings.

So make sure you get involved with this brilliant serial b2b mixathon and change some lives while your at it.

Donate to the cause here: https://mydonate.bt.com/events/beatsandbassmixathon

Ben Clarke, Online Music Editor

The music section of Exeter's independent student newspaper.