Home News Prohibition Ball raises £5,000 for charity

Prohibition Ball raises £5,000 for charity

161

Image credit: RAG Exeter
Image credit: RAG Exeter

Exeter RAG are celebrating the success of the inaugural Prohibition Ball, which took place on 7 February at Exeter Phoenix. Tickets for the event were priced at £25 and had sold out in 6 hours last term. The Ball, sponsored by PWC and supported by Warwick Corporate Events, is estimated to have raised £5,000 for RAG’s nominated charities: Devon Freewheelers, Community Action, The Rainbow Trust and Concern Universal.

The 1920s themed event was headlined by Toyboy & Robin and supported by sets from Freejak and the Beats and Bass Society. The Rotten Apple Orchestra and Dance Society also performed. Attendees donned “zoot suits, bowler hats, flapper dresses and feathers” and enjoyed the popcorn machine and photo booth in addition to other entertainments.

Naomi Golding, Marketing and Publicity Officer, said: “We couldn’t be happier with how the event went on the night. The atmosphere was great especially due to the brilliant acts we had in the bar and auditorium – and we’ve received such good feedback from those who attended.

We are incredibly proud to have raised such a considerable amount of money in the first year of a brand new event, which will be split between our four chosen charities.

We now just have plans to make this event even bigger and better for next year!”

Jak Curtis-Rendall, VP Activities, commented: “The Prohibition Ball was a great success in its first year and has given RAG a strong foundation to build upon next year. It is absolutely fantastic to see a great amount of money raised for RAG’s nominated charities and congratulations must go to RAG and all the volunteers involved in the event.”

Clara Plackett, Deputy Editor