Home Lifestyle Exeter Review: Coal Bar And Grill

Review: Coal Bar And Grill

2531

Right in the heart of Exeter, in what can only be described as a big glass box just off the high street, you can find a charming bar and grill, named Coal. 

The servers are welcoming and friendly, and when the waitress offers you appetisers, just go ahead and say yes. The warmed flatbread with a chunky peri-peri humous is just delicious.
Served on sizzling hot-plates to make the whole dining experience a little more interesting, Coal’s signature ‘Firestick’ skewers are not to be missed! Pick from utterly divine tender juicy beef, succulent sweet chilli tiger prawns, chorizo peri-peri chicken and mustard and paprika sausage, and gorge yourself.
.
The firesticks proved to be a taste sensation and very satisfying choice; served directly to your plate in front of you from the skewers on which they had been cooked, with sweet roasted Mediterranean vegetables and a choice of sides (we chose gratin potatoes).
The sizzling fajitas were also a wise call, once again served piping hot to the table, with a side of nachos, cheese and any dip or sauce you could need. Portion sizes were just right and we left the evening feeling very full and contented.
.
Catering for many tastes, the grill will also bring you a choice of fresh seafood dishes, hearty burgers, pastas, pizzas and in-house marinaded chargrilled steaks.
.
Coal is also home to a charming wine list, and offers a delightful cocktail menu providing a great relaxed setting for an evening with few casual drinks. If you’re more of a morning person, you can always pop over for breakfast and try the full english breakfast, or bacon french toast with a fresh fruit smoothie or steaming cup of coffee.
.
And best of all? Coal Bar and Grill now offers a student discount of 25%, from Monday – Wednesday, so we’ll be visiting again soon!
.
Emma Brisdion, Exeposé Online Lifestyle Editor
Image Credits, Emma Brisdion
.
Be sure to like us on Facebook, and follow us on Twitter @ExeposeLStyle!