Home Exeter Review: Coal Bar And Grill

Review: Coal Bar And Grill

Right in the heart of Exeter, in what can only be described as a big glass box just off the high street, you can find a charming bar and grill, named Coal. 

The servers are welcoming and friendly, and when the waitress offers you appetisers, just go ahead and say yes. The warmed flatbread with a chunky peri-peri humous is just delicious.
Served on sizzling hot-plates to make the whole dining experience a little more interesting, Coal’s signature ‘Firestick’ skewers are not to be missed! Pick from utterly divine tender juicy beef, succulent sweet chilli tiger prawns, chorizo peri-peri chicken and mustard and paprika sausage, and gorge yourself.
The firesticks proved to be a taste sensation and very satisfying choice; served directly to your plate in front of you from the skewers on which they had been cooked, with sweet roasted Mediterranean vegetables and a choice of sides (we chose gratin potatoes).
The sizzling fajitas were also a wise call, once again served piping hot to the table, with a side of nachos, cheese and any dip or sauce you could need. Portion sizes were just right and we left the evening feeling very full and contented.
Catering for many tastes, the grill will also bring you a choice of fresh seafood dishes, hearty burgers, pastas, pizzas and in-house marinaded chargrilled steaks.
Coal is also home to a charming wine list, and offers a delightful cocktail menu providing a great relaxed setting for an evening with few casual drinks. If you’re more of a morning person, you can always pop over for breakfast and try the full english breakfast, or bacon french toast with a fresh fruit smoothie or steaming cup of coffee.
And best of all? Coal Bar and Grill now offers a student discount of 25%, from Monday – Wednesday, so we’ll be visiting again soon!
Emma Brisdion, Exeposé Online Lifestyle Editor
Image Credits, Emma Brisdion
Be sure to like us on Facebook, and follow us on Twitter @ExeposeLStyle!