Home News Rugby Varsity cancelled

Rugby Varsity cancelled

1197
Image Credit: InAtTheSide.com
Image Credit: InAtTheSide.com

The 2014 Rugby Varsity was cancelled on Wednesday 26 March. Arrangements for ticket refunds have been announced.

Alex Powell, AU President, told Exeposé: ‘With regards to refunds, individuals need to come to the AU office and fill out a student claim form and attach their varsity ticket to the form. Refunds will be available until the 2nd of May. The AU Office is open from Mon- Fri 10:00am-16:00pm and open throughout the Easter holidays. If individuals are unable to come to the AU Office they need to fill out a student claim form available at: http://sport.exeter.ac.uk/studentsport/au/codes/ and send it to Athletic Union, Sports Park, Stocker Road, Exeter, EX4 4QN enclosed with their Rugby Varsity ticket.’

EURFC were set to play Team Bath at Sandy Park with kick off at 7.45pm.

Alex Powell also commented: ‘Unfortunately, Rugby Varsity has now been cancelled and disappointingly Rugby Varsity will not take place this academic year. After discussing the event with numerous focus groups it was agreed, with academic exams and coursework deadlines throughout Term 3 it would be more appropriate to cancel this year’s varsity. Focus will now be on planning the 2014-15 Rugby Varsity event.’

Exeposé announced on 14 March that the Varsity match had been rearranged for Tuesday 29 April. Having been previously postponed due to adverse weather conditions, the annual event was scheduled to take place in the first week of term to accommodate the 1st XV’s league games.

Laura-Jane Tiley, Online News Editor