Home News Byron burger restaurant to open in Exeter

Byron burger restaurant to open in Exeter

471
Byron Restaurant in Oxford.  Image Credit: Foodie On Tour
Byron Restaurant in Oxford. Image Credit: Foodie On Tour

Burger restaurant Byron is set to be the most recent addition to Exeter’s Princesshay shopping centre. It is expected to open in early summer and will be situated next to Café Rouge, in the unit currently occupied by La Tasca.

Serving high quality hamburgers with sides, salads and desserts, the chain already has a number of restaurants across the UK. Following its launch in 2007, Byron has proved particularly popular in London.

Wayne Pearce, Princesshay Centre Director, commented: ‘We’re delighted to welcome Byron to Princesshay. We have a great range of eateries here, serving a diverse range of cuisines. This latest addition offers our visitors even more choice.’

Byron, which carries the tagline ‘Proper Hamburgers,’ will add to the growing range of restaurants arriving in Exeter. Recently, Hub Box came to Sidwell Street , marketing itself as a ‘gourment burger and hotdog restaurant.’ Set up over a year ago, Ruby Modern Diner on Queen Street boasts the ‘best produce’ and sources its beef from a farm in mid-Devon. Byron promises bring ‘quality beef from Scotland’ to the streets of Exeter, meat that is minced fresh every day. Prices across the three chains reveal some disparity, with a classic burger costing £6.75 at Byron, £5.50 at Ruby and £4.95 at Hub Box.

Tom Byng, Byron’s founder, said: ‘This will be our first foray into the south-west – we’re excited to be opening in Princesshay and we hope local fans of proper hamburgers feel the same.’

Second year student, Ellie O’Brien, commented: ‘I’m excited to try Byron Burger restaurant out in the new term. I hope that it’s prices will be affordable for students and public alike.’

Laura-Jane Tiley, Online News Editor