Home Games & Tech Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft: Top five cards

Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft: Top five cards

1018

In the build up to the release of the new Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft update in December, Evan Jones gives a run down of the top five cards you should put in your deck.

5) Madder Bomber

This is a bit of a cheat since this card hasn’t yet been released; but I can guarantee that when the Goblins & Gnomes expansion is released in December, this will be a card to get. A 5/4 minion (meaning it has five attack and four health) costing five mana, it seems to be a pretty standard card. So why is it on the list? Bombs! When you play this card, it will randomly chuck six bombs at any other character. It might destroy your opponent’s minions, or it might just deal direct damage to your face! It may not be the most serious card but Madder Bomber is sure to add some hilarious unpredictability to your Hearthstone matches, and probably spawn a number of ‘epic fail’ YouTube videos in the process.

Hearthstone card 2
Though it has no special abilities, it isn’t prone to one-hit kills.

4) Chillwind Yeti

The most remarkable thing about this card is that it is a standard card, meaning every player has one in their card collections from the moment they start playing Hearthstone. It has no special ability, but its stats of four attack and five health means it is not prone to one-hit kills by a range of popular spell cards. It is also widely regarded as a strong choice for any Hearthstone deck because of its versatility and consistency in dealing good damage to your opponent.

Hearthstone card 3
When Sylvannas dies, it takes control of an opponent’s minion.

3) Sylvannas Windrunner

This card helps you succeed at one of the most important aspects of being a great Hearthstone player; board control. If your side of the battlefield is stronger than your opponent’s, then you are more likely to win. This minion has deathrattle, which literally means it does something when it dies, and when Sylvannas Windrunner dies, it takes control of an opponent’s minion. Permanently. More often than not, this card is a game changer, making it a rather formidable foe.

2) Cairne Bloodhoof

Hearthstone card 4
A pretty strong minion that your opponent will have trouble destroying.

This is a 4/5 minion with a cost of six mana. That is a pretty strong minion and your opponent will have some difficulty destroying it. When it dies, it activates its deathrattle, summoning another 4/5 minion. For just six mana, you essentially get eight attack and ten health, which is very good value. Overall, this is a very powerful card that can deal some very serious damage and is very deserving of its elusive legendary status.

1) Malygos

Hearthstone card 5
If you receive this legendary card, definitely make good use of it.

Naturally, the number one card in this list had to be a dragon. For the costly sum of nine mana, you can put a massive dragon on your side of the battlefield with four attack and a mighty twelve health. But that’s not all; its special ability is ‘+5 spell damage’, meaning any damage-dealing spell card has suddenly got an almighty boost. It’s unlikely to be killed as soon as you play it due to its massive health stat, meaning it could be the end for your opponent as you chuck missiles and fireballs at their gobsmacked face. Should you happen to receive this legendary card in a booster pack, I highly recommend you make good use of it.

Evan Jones 

What do you think is the no.1 card needed in your pack? Do you agree with Evan’s choices? Let us know in the comments below or contact us by email at exepose-games@xmedia.ex.ac.uk. For more on everything else games and tech, check us out on Facebook and Twitter.