Home Uncategorized Fresh-faced in Seconds: How to Fake 8 Hours Sleep

Fresh-faced in Seconds: How to Fake 8 Hours Sleep

Image: Wikipedia.org

Been struggling with dark circles after one too many all nighters? Don’t fret. Our makeup maven, Esther Lowde gives us her tips on how to look well-rested in the morning….

Making it to your 9am can be tough after a night spent out at Cheesy’s, and pretending that you’re feeling awake can be even harder. But it is possible to have the best of both worlds, and with these five tips for faking a proper night of rest, people will take one look at your fresh face and wonder how you do it.

Conceal it

dark circles
Photo Credit: style craze.com

If the bags under your eyes are looking more like suitcases, dab on some under-eye concealer (preferably a shade lighter than your own skin tone) underneath and around your eye area. This only takes a second but will instantly brighten and smooth your face, making you look well-rested.

The perfect products: Seventeen’s £5.49 Phwoarr Paint Heavy Duty Concealer, Mac Cosmetics’ £15.50 Pro Longwear Concealer

Tinted moisturiser

tinted moisturiser
Photo Credit: fashionsunrise.com

Covering your skin with heavy foundation and powder in the morning may seem like a quick way to hide a dull, tired complexion, but this can just end up making your face look mask-like. Instead, rub in some tinted moisturiser with added SPF, which will even out any blotchiness and give you a refreshed morning glow.

The perfect products: No.7’s £12 Triple Protection Tinted Moisturiser, Elizabeth Arden’s £20.25 Pure Finish Mineral Tinted Moisturiser SPF 15

White eyeliner

white eyeliner
Photo Credit: seventeen.com

One of the handiest beauty tricks a girl can know, smudging a bit of white eyeliner in the inner corners of your eyes and along your lower lashline can brighten up your peepers instantly and make you seem much more awake than you actually are. Be wary of being too harsh with the lines, though – you don’t want to look garish.

The perfect products: Rimmel London’s £2.99 Soft Kohl Kajal Eye Pencil in ‘Pure White’, Mac Cosmetics’ £14 Eye Kohl in Fascinating

Peach blush

Photo Credit: film.com

If your skin is fair and you’re at risk of looking pasty when sleep-deprived, opt for a peachy coloured blusher, as peach tones brighten the skin and lessen the appearance of dark undereye circles. Cream blushes are also a better choice than powders on tired mornings, as they give your cheeks a dewy, healthy shine, leaving you looking sweet rather than sallow.

The perfect products: Revlon’s £7.99 PhotoReady Cream Blush in ‘Coral Reef’, Soap and Glory’s £11 Multi-Colour Blush Brick in ‘Peach Party’

Bright lipstick

bright lipstick
Photo Credit: Pinterest

As great as they may look on a night out, stay away from all light nude lipsticks when you’re feeling worn-out as they will only wash you out completely. Instead, dab a bit of bubblegum pink or coral onto your lips – don’t worry, these shades aren’t going to look obnoxious or draw too much attention to your face, they’ll just give it a little more colour and take the focus away from your sleepy eyes, as well as making you look like you spent a lot more time getting ready than you actually did.

The perfect products: Bourjois Paris’ £7.99 Colour Boost Lip Crayon in ‘Peach on the Beach’, Topshop’s £8 Lipstick in ‘Pillow Talk’

Esther Lowde, Beauty Columnist