Home News Uni Chief among most influential LGBTs

Uni Chief among most influential LGBTs

Geoff Pringle, Chief Operating Officer at the University, has been named as one of the most influential executive LGBT role models in the UK.

Pringle ranked 43rd amongst the most influential Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender (LGBT) executives in the Out at Work Top 50 rankings published in The Telegraph on 16 January.

The influential rankings recognise the contribution that prominent individuals have made to create and promote LGBT networks and initiatives within the workplace.

The Top 50 LGBT executives in Business list was compiled via nominations before being considered by an advisory panel.  Other Executives featured in the list were Christopher Bailey, CEO and Chief Creative of Burberry and Antonio Simoes, HSBC UK CEO.

Pringle is also chair of the University’s Rainbow Group which co-ordinates the annual Pride event and offers advice and recommendations concerning the LGBT student and staff community.

He said: “I am delighted and honoured to have been both nominated and selected to be a part of this list.”

“It is a testament to the hard work and dedication shown by colleagues and students throughout the University which make Exeter a vibrant, inclusive and enjoyable experience for everyone.”

The award comes as the University of Exeter was named as one of the top 200 best employers in Britain for lesbian, gay and bisexual staff.

Kate Hawkins, VP Welfare and Diversity said: “The Students’ Guild has been proud to work alongside Geoff for many years in promoting an inclusive campus environment and in delivering the inspirational Pride campaign each year. My congratulations – and those of the entire Students’ Guild – go to Geoff on this very worthy recognition.”

Vanessa Tracey, Deputy Editor