Home News RAG’s Jailbreak to return this month

RAG’s Jailbreak to return this month

Image credit: Exeter RAG
Image credit: Exeter RAG

RAG’s Jailbreak will return this February, which sees students racing to get as far away from Exeter as possible in 30 hours, in order to raise money for RAG’s nominated charities.

On 27 February, teams of two or three – which must include a boy – will set off from the Forum at 11am. The teams then have until 5pm on 28 February to travel as far as possible without spending any of their own money.

2014 saw Exeter’s first Exeter Jailbreak event in a decade. The event was so popular that students requested another chance to take part, with Jailbreak Round 2 taking place at the end of May last year. Over 30 teams took part and raised over £9,000 for RAG’s chosen charities, and reached the likes of Croatia and Sweden, with the winning team  traveling to Tenerife.

Sign up costs £20 and covers the cost of a t-shirt, tracking system and EU health insurance for each participant. Students are also required to raise a minimum of £100 each for RAG’s nominated charities through sponsorships and donations gathered on their journey.

Event organiser Natalie Rubner said: “We’re very excited to bring back Jailbreak again this year after the success of the two last year. There have been a lot of requests to run the event so we’re hoping that lots of teams will sign up to take the challenge. Personally I’m aiming for around 40 teams to take part, which would be about £8000 for our charities! As for distance, it would be great for someone to leave Europe!”

Sign-ups open on 3 February and close on 8 February. For more information, click here.

RAG will also be hosting a launch party at Arena nightclub on Monday. To find out more, click here.

Yvette Simpson, News Team