Home News Students frustrated by EGB early bird sell-out

Students frustrated by EGB early bird sell-out

Image credit: The Enchanted Group
Image credit: The Enchanted Group

Many hoping to get hold of Enchanted Garden Ball tickets were left disappointed on Sunday evening, after they sold out in just a few hours.

400 early bird (‘Twitcher’) and 700 Tier two (‘Groundsman’) tickets sold out in just half an hour, after they were released at 5pm.

1500 tickets were sold in the first ten minutes.

Additionally, due to high volumes of students accessing the ticket platform ‘Fatsoma’, many were still attempting to purchase their ticket for up to 50 minutes after its release.

Students have expressed irritation at missing early bird tickets, despite selecting them within seconds of their release.

A third year History student said: “I found the ticket-purchasing process extremely frustrating. When I accessed the website at 5pm, early bird tickets were already sold out, and I then waited nearly an hour just to secure a second tier ticket.”

Furthermore, an additional booking fee was charged, increasing ticket prices by an extra £1.75, and travel tickets an extra £1.

This caused further anger with one student noting they felt ‘ripped off’ on the EGB’s Facebook page:

Students experienced problems despite warnings issued by The Enchanted Garden Ball Facebook page on 31 January. It advised users: “Don’t reload your page; Don’t try to purchase again if the page doesn’t load and; Check your Fatsoma account on another tab to see if your tickets are there.”

A spokesperson from The Enchanted Group said: “This huge demand did take it’s toll on our ticket provider’s servers which resulted in unusually long waiting times for some users. We apologise to anyone who experienced these delays and have been working hard with the Fatsoma team to ensure the site is back up to speed for those still wishing to purchase tickets for this year’s Summer Ball.”

“We have worked exceptionally hard to make this the best Enchanted Garden to date and have exciting new features to be added, whilst also making significant improvements to the site layout and transport arrangements for the event. To celebrate our 5th Birthday we’ll be introducing a host of new micro venues including a Tree House stage in the middle of the forest, a brand new dining and entertainment area in the form of ‘China Town’, new hosts to provide interactive stages as well the introduction of a tonne of new games and festival entertainment.”

At the time of writing, 2702 tickets have been sold, including travel. Third tier tickets are currently available.

Rachel Gelormini, Online News Editor