Home Games & Tech The dissolution of Club Nintendo

The dissolution of Club Nintendo

1190

The online service known as Club Nintendo, formerly VIP 24:7 and Club Member, are being discontinued. In an announcement given by Nintendo in all major regions (Japan, Europe, North America), the service is being removed due to the creation of a “new programme,” where users will receive the game Flipnote Studio 3D as a reward for signing up.

Flipnote Studio 3D, released in early 2013 in Japan, was planned to be released in mid-2014, but due to “unexpectedly high” online usage in North American and European regions, its release was delayed.

The discontinuation schedule is shown below:

club nintendo close 2
Club Nintendo will be officially discontinued in September 2015.

“April 1st 2015: From this date, Nintendo will no longer include product registration cards with its packaged games, so such products cannot be registered in Club Nintendo. You may still find product registration cards in games that were in stock before this date, however.

April 20th 2015: Termination of the registration of digital products downloaded from Nintendo eShop. Digital products obtained from Nintendo eShop after this date will no longer appear in the My Registered Games & Systems page in Club Nintendo. In addition, surveys for download software titles will no longer be available.

September 30th 2015: End of Club Nintendo programme. All Club Nintendo features, such as signing up as a new member, logging in as a registered member, earning Stars, and exchanging Stars for items from the Stars Catalogue will no longer be possible from this date.”

Make sure you’ve spent all of the stars in your Club Nintendo account and registered all of your games – and stayed tuned to Exeposé Games and Tech for news on the future Club Nintendo programme.

Ollie Knight 

For more on everything else games and tech, check us out on Facebook and Twitter.