Home News ‘Sugar Baby’ booms for Exeter

‘Sugar Baby’ booms for Exeter

The University of Exeter has been named the fifth fastest growing Sugar Baby School of 2015.

Last year 106 Exeter students signed up to SeekingArrangement.com – the world’s largest online-dating website that matches wealthy benefactors seeking “mutually beneficial relationships” with attractive members. This represents a 42 per cent growth in the amount of Exeter student sign ups from the previous year.

So far, 1.4 million students have registered with the site and the University of Westminster ranks first with 180 new sign ups in 2014.

According to SeekingArrangement.com, a lack of finances caused by rising tuition fees is a contributing factor to new sign-ups. The site even offers students free premium memberships to promote the “Sugar lifestyle.”

Angela Bermudo, EU Spokesperson for SeekingArrangement, offers a response to those who say there are other ways to pay for tuition fees. “True, they can do it the hard way, but why struggle when there are people who are happy to help?” she says.

The average student Sugar Baby in the UK receives a monthly allowance of £3,100, which is £15,000 more per year than the average starting graduate salary of £21,702.

Brandon Wade, Founder and CEO of SeekingArrangement.com, says there can be benefits for Sugar Babies beyond financial stability at university, especially “at a time when graduates are guaranteed debt rather than a well-paying job.”

He added: “Sugaring not only aids in the cost of pursuing an education, but a large majority of these men and women will have a more solid financial situation upon graduation – maybe even a job.”

Nicola Dashfield, News Team