Home News Sabb elections begin today

Sabb elections begin today

1109
Candidates and their campaign teams from last year. Image Credit: Niklas Rahmel

Voting for the 2015 Guild Sabbatical Officer Elections opens today, and will close on Friday 13th February.

Throughout the week, candidates and their teams will be campaigning in the Forum, around campus, and online, to become the leaders of the Student’s Guild for the 2015-16 academic year.

The positions that are up for grabs are: Guild President, Athletics Union president, VP Welfare and Diversity, VP Activities and VP Education.

There also two further positions alongside the five main roles, which include International Officer and Student Trustee.

A series of debates will also take place every evening of the week, in which the candidates will face questions from the current Sabbs, the audience and online.

Each debate will take place between 18:30 and 19:30 each day in the Forum street, and will be hosted by Xpression FM. Each debate will be broadcast live via Xpression and an Exeposé report will follow shortly after.

Exeposé will also be providing extensive coverage of the events through the hashtag #ExeterVote via @Exeposenews.

You can visit the Elections section of the Guild website to find out more about each candidates and the election itself.

Voting takes place online, and to assist in the elections, Tickbox.org will be used to allow students to examine and compare the candidates and their manifestos. The website itself was created by Exeter student xx and will be used as part of the 2015 General Election.

Voting will close on Friday 13th February, and the results will be announced later in the evening, in DH1.

Further information about each candidate can also be found here.

Guild Election Debates

(Sunday 8th February – AU President Debate)

Monday 9th February – VP Education

Tuesday 10th February – VP Activities

Wednesday 11th February – VP Welfare & Diversity

Thursday 12th February – Guild President

Friday 13th February –Election Results Night

Theodore Stone, News Team