Home Music Features Reading Line-up Revealed!

Reading Line-up Revealed!

The Libertines are to join Metallica and Mumford & Sons as this years headliners for the 2015 Reading Festival.

Other artists performing on the Main-Stage that have been confirmed for the festival include Bastille, Bring Me The Horizon, Royal Blood and All Time Low.

The Friday support act for Mumford & Sons has yet to be announced.

Headlining the NME/BBC Radio 1 stage are the infamous Limp Bizkit (with a closing set from Knife Party), Chase & Status-based supergroup Rebel Sound and Deadmau5.

The supporting acts include Run the Jewels, who are currently touring off of the success of their critically acclaimed hip-hop album Run the Jewels 2, and Gorgon City, who’s debut album Sirens reached #10 on the UK Albums Chart.

The Libertines

The BBC Radio 1 Dance Stage will be host to Wilkinson Live, Boy Better Know, Ben Khan and Toyboy & Robin. The Saturday headliner has not yet been announced.

Pop-Punk veterans New Found Glory will be headlining Friday’s Lock Up stage.

Meanwhile, metal idols Mastodon and hardcore punk band Refused will headline The Pit, which takes up the rest of the weekend. The ritual-heavy Ghost, French death metal virtuosos Gojira and heartland-rockers The Menzingers will support.

The Festival Republic Stage will feature the Mercuy-nominated Django Django, the ever-popular Frank Turner and Britpop stalwarts Ash.

BBC 1 Extra’s stage will include American rapper Azaelia Banks, hip-hop group Flatbush Zombies and Nick Brewer, who was named by Time Magazine as “America’s Best DJ”.

You can view the full line-up here.

Reading Festival will last from the 28th to the 30th August.

Tickets are on-sale now.

Theodore Stone