Home Lifestyle Fashion and Beauty Life, Liberty and Accessories

Life, Liberty and Accessories

2396

Abigail Kirkham takes inspiration from Liberty London scarves and shows us where you can pick up similar ones on the highstreet that won’t break the student bank….

It looks like the worst of it is over, winter is melting away and the rumour of spring circulates as we stir from our seasonal slumber but we are looking for something extraordinary to tempt us out from our under the fur lined hoods of our parkas. What better bribe than a playful dip into the colourful pool of dyed silks, one that promises to dispel the blue hue that envelops the month of January. Admittedly more indulgent than your regular morning latté but with longer lasting effects than an expirational caffeine hit.

With the recent buzz around Liberty of London following their debut on Channel 4, the department store hardly needs introduction but I must stress that the Liberty scarf hall really does need to be seen to be believed. The grand space doused in colour and ablaze with pattern offers the opulence of billowing silk scarves cascading down aged Tudor walls. And so I offer to you the solution; the apple that when carefully offered to your winter self may jolt it into the spring term with enthusiasm and most importantly a love for colourful accessories. With university campuses up and down the country awash with ever fashionable (and chic) black and grey, a splash of colour draped around your neck could offer the subtle warmth that spring needs to break free.

With scarves from Liberty setting you back anything from £110-400, the hefty price tag isolates most of us students from the demographic and hope of owning such a decadent accessory however, I offered this description as inspiration, as a way of spending a lazy Sunday afternoon browsing the wonders that Liberty has to offer. But, being a penniless student doesn’t mean we should do without, after all, what are student loans for if not to splurge on that little something that can brighten those long and monotonous days in the library. If I have enticed you to purchase your own little piece of spring head over to Topshop’s Flagship store on Oxford Street for equally beautiful and more affordable silk scarves. The Textile Federation, as one of their concessions, have an amazing selection (some of which are featured below) from the bold and the beautiful to chic classics all for around £35 each, a fraction of the price of their Liberty counterparts. Alternatively head over to their website www.textilefederation.com for a browse and to say hello to spring with silk!

Abigail Kirkham

london pic
London Jubilee by Margarita Velez- Price £35
Pastel Insects by Claudia Soria - Price £35
Pastel Insects by Claudia Soria – Price £35
my butterfly
My Butterfly by Aatif Sayed- Price £35
Royal Bugs by Usarae Khan. Price £35
Royal Bugs by Usarae Khan. Price £35
Orange Liberty London Peacock Garden Silk Twill Scarf- £145
Liberty London Red Imran Silk Scarf- £195

Liberty London Purple Hera Silk Scarf - £145
Liberty London Purple Hera Silk Scarf – £145
Red Liberty London Star Paisley Silk Scarf- £195