Home News BBC Sound of 2015 comes to the Lemmy

BBC Sound of 2015 comes to the Lemmy

504

Years & Years, winners of the BBC Sound of 2015 award, will be playing in Exeter on Wednesday 3 June as part of their UK headline tour.

Katy Thomas, founder of SW1 Productions, who coordinated the event, said: “ever since they supported Clean Bandit in the Great Hall, we have been keen to get them back to the region.

“The fact that they have gone on to win the BBC Sound award and have just scored their first number one single with the brilliant ‘King’ is testament to an exciting new band for the future.”

Chris Young, the Guild’s Licensed Trade Manager, assured Exeposé this is no one-off: “With Years & Years and Lucy Spraggan playing on 20 May, we’ll be working right until the end of term to ensure our students have the opportunity to see some top live music at the Lemon Grove.

“We are already taking bookings for term one next year and working on some new big projects that we can’t wait to reveal when everyone returns back from the summer!”

Additionally, on Saturday 21 March DJ Kristian Nairn, otherwise known as Game of Thrones’ character Hodor, will present his “Rave of Thrones” set at the Lemon Grove.

Nick Lawley, founder and ex-President of Game Of Thrones Society – with over 160 paid members and over 740 Facebook likes – described the society as “ecstatic to have our first actor of the show coming down to Exeter,” adding that “it feels quite surreal that it’s actually happening.”

The Guild has boasted a particularly strong musical calendar this academic year, having hosted an array of contemporary and longstanding talents, including Frank Turner, Duke Dumont, Band of Skulls, Sir Bob Geldof and the recent announcement of Muse.

Fiona Potigny, News Team