Preview: Hijacked Festival

Preview: Hijacked Festival

10140

As our former Online Editor Callum Burroughs mellows into his post-University blues, the house highlight of his Exeter existence awaits. Here’s why you should go too.

Exeter’s end of year calendar had, until recently, been a bit of a mixed bag. There had been the usual End of Season dinners, and other formal occasions to celebrate the completion of another year at university, and for some their degrees. The advent of Hijacked last year provided something totally different for end of year revellers, combining all the best from Exeter’s electronic music scene in a vast and often cacophonous splendour in the unfamiliar settings of Double Locks on the River Exe.

11037076_781202278666348_5074301040932331231_n
Photo Credit: Thick As Thieves

Not much to emulate then… This year’s festival has taken a different approach, aiming to combine the high points of last year’s organised chaos and real festival feel with a new setting and some big headline acts. Powderham Castle provides a unique atmosphere as the Hijacked team welcome Totally Enormous Extinct Dinosaurs, Ms Dynamite and Congo Natty to their 2015 offering. The irrepressible Chunky is making an appearance, as well as a good number of Exeter’s very own Our House residents who will no doubt relish the opportunity to play to thousands of celebrating students. Brooding DJ’s Dark Sky will be in attendance, alongside previous Exeter performers Mak & Pasteman in what should be an even more expansive experience for those in possession of tickets.

This may seem like a lot of hot air, but for those with lofty ambitions balloon rides are available on site and football lovers needn’t fear as the festival claim they’ll be showing the FA Cup final live on site. With a number of stages on site this year’s iteration will feel even more like a festival, while yours truly is looking forward to Madam X and Artwork, the options on offer for the usually sleepy Devon are mind-boggling. Last year was a sell out, and this year seems to be heading the same way. This is truly not one to miss.

Callum Burroughs

The third release of tickets for Hijacked start at £34 and can be bought here.

Find out more from Exeposé Music, catch up with us on Facebook and Twitter.

1 COMMENT