Home LifestyleFood The Breakfast Club – Rabbit Café

The Breakfast Club – Rabbit Café

Exeter’s first 100 per cent plant based café serves breakfast everyday of the week from 10am to noon, after which you can order from the lunch menu, and daily specials board.

This little spot is popular amongst vegans and vegetarians but suitable for all dietary requirements. Reputed for its remarkable cakes, it’s hard to resist the delicious creations that come from the kitchen, especially if you follow their Instagram page; you don’t even have to be in or remotely near the counter to be tempted (you’ve been warned). Fortunately, Rabbit closes at 4pm and does tend to sell out quickly, because otherwise I would be indulging all too often.

The breakfast menu includes the infamous breakfast muffin, featuring a burger patty, tofu ‘egg’, fakon (vegan bacon), tomato, vegan cheese and red sauce in a soft white bun. Not my personal favourite as I’ve never liked meat (be it real or fake), but it could easily fool your carnivore friends. I have more of a sweet tooth so their ‘organic almond chia breakfast bowl’ is more to my liking; healthy and filling with oats, soy yogurt, seeds, fruits, nuts all sweetened with rice syrup. Last but not least, there’s always toast with either avocado, fruit jams or chocolate spread (highly recommended) with the possibility of making them gluten free.

Drinks range from almond milk coffees to milkshakes topped with whipped cream, and the not-to-be-missed deluxe hot chocolate (with marshmallows).

You can eat in or take away, although I would recommend taking a seat in the cozy décor next to the holy well. Dogs are welcomed, and there are treats reserved for them too!