I don’t know about you but, within the span of one week, I’ve dug out my thicker duvet, my radiator has been switched on and I can’t leave the house without a coat. This can mean only one thing – it’s winter in Exeter!

All over campus, students, including myself, are trudging up the hills (ready-but-not-so-ready to tackle the coursework deadlines that never seem to stop piling up) in some kind of quintessential winter wear. The over-sized knits are back, chunkier than ever and crammed under last year’s foray of multicoloured Urban Outfitters’ puffer jackets. Thick blanket scarves are looped around everyone’s necks, hastily being untangled and pulled off as they sweat it out on cardiac or forum hill. And although the temperature has dropped significantly, we are refusing to cover up our ankles, still loving our Stan Smith and belted ankle-grazer skinny jeans combo.

Winter 2017 is going coat mad! With regard to more unique fashion trends, people everywhere are adorned in maroon, camel and blush pink corduroy jackets lined with white fur. I’ve spied them in Primark, ASOS and Topshop if you were looking to snag one for yourself. The look brings extra texture to an outfit whilst keeping you sufficiently cosy.

“Work attire” is another of this season’s obsessions. Sophisticated checked tailored coats are making an outfit a statement and our beloved white trainers are working to dress down our new-found passion for pinstripe trousers.

This winter we’ve been recycling past fashion favourites and introducing new looks of our own, allowing you to take your look in any direction you want!

The preferred colour for this winter is undoubtedly red. It’s pervading our wardrobes entirely, in every shade and tone imaginable! Whether you’ve opted for a classic, heavy cable-knit jumper, a mature, tailored trench coat (attack of the “work attire” again!) or splashed on some groovy knee-high boots – they have to be blindingly and unapologetically red!

This winter we’ve been recycling past fashion favourites and introducing new looks of our own, allowing you to take your look in any direction you want! The reclaiming of trends means you don’t have to fork out massively on your wardrobe and the selection of fresh pieces for this winter will definitely not leave you bored. The coat craze will keep out the cold and keep you looking put-together in multiple different styles. And the rich warmth of this season’s favoured colour palette will keep your festive spirits high! This winter it’s all about comfort, texture, patterns and colour – so have fun, keep warm and make it your own!