Home News ‘Exe-mas’ has Arrived

‘Exe-mas’ has Arrived

Locals and students alike took to the streets of Exeter city centre last week to enjoy the beginning of the Christmas countdown alongside live music and entertainment before the Christmas lights were turned on by members of the Exeter Chiefs and the Christmas Market officially opened.

Radio Exe hosted the night from 4pm on Thursday 16th November, with carols from local school children, followed by performances and entertainment from local musicians, including Jonah & The Superband and the Festive House Band. At 6:30, the Exeter Chiefs were invited on stage to press the button, and the festive lights were lit across the city centre, followed by swarms of people flocking to the Christmas Market at the Cathedral Green.

the Exeter Chiefs were invited on stage to press the button, and the festive lights were lit across the city centre

The market opened earlier at 3pm on the same day, but most waited until after the Christmas lights were switched on before heading to grab some much-loved tartiflette and fudge. As expected, the market has maintained its continental style, adored by everyone who attends, and stays open for longer Thursdays – Saturdays to accommodate for weekly Thursday Late Night Shopping in Princesshay.

As expected, the market has maintained its continental style, adored by everyone who attends

The following month is filled with festivities, and Exeter’s Christmas Market does not disappoint. It will keep up the Christmas spirit until Sunday 17th December.

The opening times for the Christmas Market if you’d like to check it out for yourself are as follows:

Monday – Wednesday: 10am to 7pm

Thursday – Saturday: 10am to 9pm

Sunday: 11am to 5pm

Let the festivities begin!