Home News It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas

It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas

THE Exeter University Evangelical Christian Union (ECU) are set to host the annual Exeter carol service in St James’ Park on Tuesday 5 December from 7pm until 9pm. The event, now in its sixteenth year, is one of the biggest carol services outside of London.
Entry is free and attendees will be given a free mince pie on arrival.
The event seeks to unite students and local residents, and has been well attended by both groups inthe past. The service will feature representatives of both the student body and the wider community.
Semi-Toned and Sweet Nothings will return to give musical performances, while Exeter University Singers will perform at the service for the first time. A debut performance will be given by Exeter Royal Academy for Deaf Education, while Newton Primary School will be giving a special performance. The city’s Salvation Army band will return to lead the congregation in carol singing.
A Christmas message will be delivered by pastor and former BBC presenter Adrian Holloway, while senior figures from the university and the wider community will give readings.
The ECU say they have sought to ensure that there will be sufficient disability bays and have hired two British sign language interpreters who will be interpreting the entire service.
Xin Yan Huang, vice-president of the ECU, said; ‘We’d love for you to join us this year at the Exeter carol service! Each year we seek to create an event that brings together students and residents of Exeter to celebrate the good news of Christmas.’’