Home News Oh, yes it is (the Northcott’s first panto in eight years)

Oh, yes it is (the Northcott’s first panto in eight years)

45
Image: s0.geograph.co.uk

For the first time since 2009, a pantomime will be coming to the Northcott Theatre. The production of Dick Whittington is set to open next month.
The show will follow Dick as he leaves his Exeter home for the bright lights of London in search of fame and fortune, his faithful Puss by his side. Steve Bennett will return as a Dame, a role he has previously performed. Bennett stated “I’ve done panto elsewhere but nothing compares to the Northcott. I really feel like I’m coming home.”
The show was co-written with Tony Lidlington, who stated: “I have been creating and producing pantomimes that combine traditional history and conventions with rollicking family entertainment for over 30 years,” he added “Having created unique, box office-breaking pantomimes for the last six years at Richmond’s Georgian Theatre Royal, it is fantastic to be working close to my home in Dawlish.”
The production also sees Gordon Cooper take on the role of Captain Darling, Jeremy Harmer playing the evil King Rat and Martin Reeve appearing as Alderman Fitzwarren. Tickets range from £11 to £26, with discounted tickets for family groups starting at £8 each, and can be bought online or by calling the Exeter Northcott Box Office on 01392 726363.