Home News Man stabbed outside Odeon

Man stabbed outside Odeon

A man suffered serious stab wounds to his face and back after he was stabbed outside the entrance to the Odeon cinema on Sidwell Street.
The victim, who was on crutches, was attacked by two men. The incident apparently left the pavement “soaked with blood” after the man suffered wounds to his back and face as police were called to the scene at 6pm on Friday 22 December.
A local resident witnessed an altercation between street drinkers prior to the incident and mentioned that this sort of behaviour had become a regular occurrence in this area of the city centre.
Suggestions have been made that Sidwell Street, close to many student residents, has been plagued by problems since an anti-social behaviour order banned drinking in central parts of the city.
The bus shelter, across the road from the cinema, on Sidwell Street was sealed off and five police cars, a police van and two ambulances attended the scene.
The victim, aged in his 40s, did not suffer any life-threatening injuries, however police are treating it as an act of wounding with intent.
Police are still hunting for the two men involved in the stabbing, aged between 20 and 30, and have appealed for any information which could help them in their investigation to be brought forward.