Home News Xmedia Awards backed by i newspaper

Xmedia Awards backed by i newspaper

308
Image credit: xmedia
Image credit: xmedia

This year’s Xmedia Awards have received the backing of the i newspaper.

The collaboration is the first of its kind for the long-running annual celebration of student media in Exeter.

The awards recognise excellence across a range of categories, including best feature and best coverage.

Rhodri Jones, the Assistant Editor of the i, will judge the entries for ‘The i Newspaper Award for Best News or Coverage’.

The winners will receive a year’s subscription to the i as a reward.

Zoe Bulaitis, former Exeposé editor, said: “Getting the backing of the i is great news for everyone in Xmedia.

“It allows us to have some of our best work approved by one of the nation’s biggest publications, and one lucky winner will also get a year’s subscription to one of the country’s best newspapers.”

This year’s Xmedia Award judges also include senior BBC News producer Matthew Sydney, Sky Sports pit-lane reporter Ted Kravitz, BBC News director Chris Cook and entertainment TV producer Adam Hunt.

The Heads of Media committee, consisting of 2012/13 Exeposé editors Tom Payne and Zoe Bulaitis, and last year’s heads of XpressionFM and XTV, received hundreds of entries for the awards.

They were faced with the daunting task of whittling down the submissions to five shortlisted entries for each category, which will be announced closer to the event.

The awards ceremony will be held on Sunday 2 June at the Thistle Hotel. Tickets are £35 from the Guild Information Point, and all students are welcome.

Tom Payne, News Team