Home News Exeter breaks into T.H.E. top 150 globally for the first time

Exeter breaks into T.H.E. top 150 globally for the first time

1376

exeter_signThe University of Exeter has been ranked 148th in the Times Higher Education (T.H.E.) World University Rankings 2013-14. This adds to its success at being placed 8th in the UK Times and Sunday Times University League Table 2014.

The T.H.E. rankings are the only global university performance tables to judge world class universities across a range of important criteria – teaching, research, knowledge transfer and international outlook.

The top universities rankings employ 13 carefully calibrated performance indicators to provide the most comprehensive and balanced comparisons available, which are trusted and used by students, academics, university leaders, industry and governments.

Steve Smith, Exeter’s Vice-Chancellor and Chief Executive commented: “This is a fantastic result, Exeter will continue to improve its position as its reputation for world class teaching and research grows around the globe”.

The T.H.E. World University Rankings are now in their tenth year and have played a key part in the increase of students choosing to study abroad. As students become more globally mobile it has never been more important that the University of Exeter has received this world-wide recognition.

Samantha Hopcraft, a fourth year Spanish and International Relations student, commented: “As an imminent graduate, this is really valuable for me at the moment as I’m looking for jobs particularly in the global market. This international recognition will make my degree from Exeter even more valuable.”

Oliva Bateman, News Team