Arts Recommend: Chocolate paints, puppy portraits and more …

234

Every week we bring you our special selection of all things arty. From interesting websites to highly anticipated performances for your diary, there is something to spark all kinds of creative interest.

1. Chocolate paints

Chocolate-paint by Nendo for Seibu, 2013. Photo Credits: Ayao Yamazaki
Chocolate-paint by Nendo for Seibu, 2013.
Photo Credits: Ayao Yamazaki

Created by Nendo for the Seibu department store in Japan, these tubes of paints are completely edible. Each colour has a different flavoured syrup inside, from green tea to melon and raspberry. They look amazing.

Nendo describes the project as “a design that combines the childhood excitement of opening a new box of paints and the thrill of opening a box of chocolates you’ve been given unexpectedly.”

2. Aesthetica Magazine Blog

Aesthetica is an Arts magazine which “combines dynamic content with compelling critical debate, exploring the best in contemporary art and culture.” Visit their blog here for all kinds of interesting articles about photography, visual arts, film, music and fashion. We particularly like this article on Avant-Garde Japanese fashion and this interview with South African Sculptor Anton Smit.

3. Puppy portraits

Photo Credits: Sophie Gamand www.demilked.com

These portraits of just-washed dogs are adorable. View many more here on Demilked.

4. Christmas time in the Forum

You’ve probably already seen the beautifully decorated Forum ready for Christmas, but did you know that you can make your own decoration tag to hang on the tree? There is a table next to the tree, near AMT, with everything you need to create your own little decoration and you can also submit a prayer request into a box. If you hang around this area during late afternoon or early evening you will be lucky enough to experience the magnificent live piano music which adds to the cozy wintery atmosphere.

5. The world’s most realistic finger painting: Morgan Freeman

Watch this video showing the creation of an incredibly realist Morgan Freeman, using only a finger and an iPad. For more great content like this download the mobile app we found this on: “Digg”, or visit the website here.

Bryony James and Giverny Masso

Click here for last week’s Arts Recommend.

Visit the University of Exeter Arts and Culture website here.