The X Factor comes to Exeter campus

The X Factor comes to Exeter campus

1488
Image credit: Talkback Thames
Image credit: Talkback Thames

The X Factor will be heading to Exeter University this Wednesday for the homecoming of Teignmouth-born finalist, Luke Friend.

Friend will be joined by longtime X Factor judge and mentor, Louis Walsh, as he returns to Exeter before competing in the X Factor final on Saturday 15th December. They will arrive on campus at 6 p.m. in a limo for a glitzy red carpet reception before heading into the Great Hall. Friend will sing three songs to an expected audience of over 1,800.

The Students’ Guild has reserved 400 tickets solely for students. They will be released on the Students’ Guild website at 4 p.m. and will be available for collection from the Guild Info Point from 10 a.m. The tickets are free and will be allocated on a first-come, first-serve basis.

Though the event is being produced by Talkback Thames, the Students’ Guild will also be providing support for the event.

Friend was put through after his successful performance of “Best I Never Had” and “Something About the Way You Look Tonight” on Saturday night’s semi-final. The 17 year old student sang Ben E. King’s “Stand By Me” in his early audition and mentor Walsh called him a “dirty-haired little diamond in the rough”.

This season’s much-anticipated X Factor finale will see Friend fittingly perform Fun’s “We Are Young” and “What Makes You Beautiful” by the similarly youthful band, One Direction.

Vice President for Participation and Campuses, Jak Curtis-Rendall will be attending the event. He told Exeposé: “I am really excited that Luke Friend and the X Factor team are coming to campus. This one-off event is a great opportunity for students to get involved in one of the UK’s most watched TV programmes. The Students’ Guild is proud to support our local talent.“

Dan Squire is an X Factor fan and Exeter student currently on a year abroad in Toronto: “I am so jealous of all the students at Exeter for having the opportunity to see as great a singer as Luke Friend on campus. The music scene in Canada just doesn’t seem to have the same caché as the South West of England.”

Olivia Luder, Online Editor

Follow @ExeposeNews on Twitter and like us here on Facebook