Home News New term begins

New term begins

209

university_exeter_forum_i030512_tp2Spring Term is due to commence today and will be jam-packed with both academic endeavours and societal events until March 28.

Many students from all years are set to have January exams starting on the same week and continuing until Saturday 11 January, thus proving that the festive season is well and truly over.

The Prohibition Ball, RAG’s principle fundraiser of the year and replacement of the Safer Sex Ball (SSB), is scheduled to be the biggest event of the term, having already sold the 500 tickets that were made available. The 1920s themed Ball will take place at the Phoenix on February 7 with the headline act still to be confirmed.

Other societies also have events lined up for the following few months. The annual Joint Languages Ball has been organised by the French, German, Hispanic and Italian societies for the 25 January and the Chinese society will be celebrating the year of the Horse in the Forum on February 8 with traditional stalls, dancing and music.

Both Newton Faulkner and Bombay Bicycle Club will be performing on campus in March with tickets available to purchase at the Exeter Box Office via the Guild website. Hip hop duo Dan Le Sac vs Scroobius Pip are also set to play on campus at the Lemon Grove on Tuesday 28 January.

The University’s Career Zone is currently promoting various fairs and subject specific career talks for students throughout the term, including the STEM Career’s fair in the Forum, hosting some of the UKs largest graduate employers in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics on January 16.

Vanessa Tracey, Copy Editor