Home Lifestyle Exeter The Editors Try: ZUMBA

The Editors Try: ZUMBA

363

Last term, the pair of us (that’s Ben and Emma, you lovely people) attempted the infamous Synrgy 360 programme at The Russell Seal Fitness Centre. Missed it? You can find it right here, silly video and all.

Image Credit: Ben Gilbert and Emma Brisdion

But what could we possibly do next? Well, we decided to try our hand at more gruelling challenges available to us in Exeter. This week, we take part in (you guessed it) Zumba®! Thanks to BodySoc, we took part in one of their sessions in the Lemmy, with hilarious results. What’s that? You don’t know about BodySoc? Well, click here to find out more.

BodySoc instructor Charlotte Griffin had this to say about Zumba®: “Zumba® is a high impact, dance-fitness party, with a Latin flair. It’s fun for everyone; whether that be people looking to shed a few pounds or people just trying to have an hour of fun with their friends. If you haven’t been along yet then you’re missing out!”

I think we can officially agree.

Irrespective of talent, previous experience (and even total lack of coordination in Emma’s case…) we both agreed it was a very funny way to spend a Wednesday afternoon. Especially as one of us may or may not have a background of musical theatre… What? It’s not hard to figure out which one!

Sweaty, a whole lot of fun, and definitely worth it. That seems to be what Zumba® is! The class was certainly “high impact,” as Charlotte claims! It was also insanely popular, as the video shows.

The question is, what will we be attempting next? You’ll just have to wait and find out…

Reckon you’ll be trying out Zumba anytime soon? Let us know on Facebooktwitter or in the comments below…

Ben Gilbert and Emma Brisdion, Online Lifestyle Editors