Home Exeter Sabbatical Elections 2014 Sabb elections voting to open in February

Sabb elections voting to open in February

4768
Image credit: Exeter Guild
Image credit: Exeter Guild

Voting for the Students’ Guild Sabbatical Officer elections will open at the beginning of Campaigns Week on Monday 3 February at 9am.

The week will see candidates take to campus to campaign for the votes of the student body, as well as take part in the annual XpressionFM candidate debates. Candidates will be able to campaign anywhere on campus, except for the A&V hub in Devonshire House. The election results will be announced on Friday 7 February in The Lemon Grove.

Voting will take place with the Single Transferable Vote (STV) system which ranks candidates in order of preference, and each voter will have one vote per sabbatical position. Students will be able to cast their vote on the Guild website.

In the 2013 Sabbatical Officer elections, 5992 students turned out to vote, representing 34 per cent of the student body. This was 6 per cent below the Guilds’ target turnout of 40 per cent. This year also sees a target of 40 per cent turnout, which would require approximately 7400 students to vote, due to the increase in student numbers.

Nominations for the sabbatical roles, which opened on Monday 13 January, close on Friday 24 January. This year’s elections mark a change to the job descriptions and titles of particular sabbatical officer positions, as VP Participation and Campuses becomes VP Activities, VP Academic Affairs changes to VP Education and VP Welfare and Community shifts to VP Welfare and Diversity. Students will also be able to vote for the Guilds’ International Officer, Postgraduate Officer and St Luke’s Officer during the same election period.

For full coverage of Campaigns week, visit the Exeposé website and follow Exeposé on Facebook and Twitter.

Meg Drewett, Editor

4 COMMENTS

1. Oh my goodness! Incredible article dude! Thank you so much, However I am experiencing issues with your RSS.
    I don’t understand why I cannot join it. Is there
    anyone else having the same RSS problems?
    Anyone who knows the solution will you kindly respond?
    Thanks!!

2. The Maharashtra government has shifted annual rent agreement renewal procedures within
    the departments to its digital platform. From November 1, the government owned properties will
    be rented out through online service
    Almost five of 10 persons admitted paying bribes in the last one year to avail primarily government services and eight of those did
    so at local level to police, municipal officials and matters relating to property registration and
    VAT, according to a survey by an online platform. LocalCircles, which conducted the
    India Corruption Survey, claimed
    Register rent agreement Tenants not registering their leave-and-licence agreement may not get police
    clearances now on . The department of registration and stamps has written to
    the police, asking them not to issue no-objection certificates (NOCs) to unregistered agreements.
    In leave-and-licence agreements, the stamp duty
    is 0.25% of the total rent
    Flat Owners you should know about renting a house