Home Music Live Reviews Live Review: Bodhi @ Our House, Cavern

Live Review: Bodhi @ Our House, Cavern

298

Tom Reed headed down to Cavern to survey the scene as Exeter’s warmest hosts welcomed us back to Our House. 

photocredit: www.facebook.com/ourhouse
photocredit: www.facebook.com/ourhouse

Only three weeks into the spring term and Exeter’s underground scene is already packed to exploding point with quality nights spanning all forms of electronic music. Friday saw the turn of Cavern’s legendary Friday night, Our House, who played host to one of their biggest names to date, Bodhi.

The Welsh duo of Olly Howells and Luke Welsby had a storming 2013 kicking off with releasing their latest EP on Sinden’s Grizzy label and followed by sets around Europe as well as performing at Glastonbury and Bestival. However, we can all agree no matter of bustling European cities or world famous festivals could possibly beat the vibe of the sweaty, jostling and intimate dancefloor of our beloved Cavern. Our House residents readied the dancefloor for the sold out night with their signature sounds and by the time Bodhi took to the decks the night was well underway. From start to finish the dancefloor was packed with the crowd jumping up and down to Bodhi’s tender combination of garage and bass-packed house. A few minutes of eavesdropping in the smoking area and it was clear to see that the punters were definitely pleased with a night that was everything they expected plus more.

Our House returns again this Friday (the 31st) with their Ibiza special. Exeposé Music hopes they have another special year.

Tom Reed

The music section of Exeter’s independent student newspaper.