Home News Exeter Revue to take show to Edinburgh Fringe

Exeter Revue to take show to Edinburgh Fringe

1177
Image credit: Exeter Revue
Image credit: Exeter Revue

Exeter Revue, a comedy society started only this year, has announced that it will be taking a show to the globally renowned Edinburgh Fringe Festival this coming August.

The troupe, who have already performed two sold out shows on campus, will undergo a three week stint at the Ciao Roma, in front of up to 100 people every night. The venue has previously hosted comedy luminaries such as Rufus Hound, Josie Long and the Cambridge Footlights.

The group’s occupancy will run from 2 August to 23 August. Their cast is as yet undecided, but auditions will be held in the near future.

The society’s founders, Edd Cornforth and Oli Gilford, are understandably proud of their achievement, telling Exeposé: “It is our inaugural year and we are a relatively small society. In September, we started with nothing, just myself and Oli as members. We had no money. We have raised all our money this year through our two sell out shows”.

Cornforth added: “[Exeter Revue] is the first comedy troupe from Exeter to represent the University at the Fringe. We aim to gain a nationwide reputation by showcasing the comedic and dramatic talents we have here at Exeter, and we also hope one day to be a platform for producing successful comedians much like Cambridge Footlights”.

The group have announced a huge flagship show on March 24, as well as indicating that they will be performing on numerous occasions during Arts Week, which takes place this term.

Jak Curtis-Rendall, VP Participation and Campuses, commented: “Exeter Revue is one of a number of societies that have received a total of more than £15,000 in society grants so far this year to support their specific projects. It has been a pleasure to work with both the Students’ Guild and University’s Arts & Culture Society Fund to assist Exeter Revue with their trip to the Edinburgh Fringe. I’m really excited to watch their project develop, and I am sure it will be a hit at Fringe”.

For more information on upcoming shows and auditions for the Fringe show, go to the Exeter Revue Facebook and Twitter pages, or contact one of the society presidents.

Owen Keating, News Editor