Home News Nominations for Teaching Awards open

Nominations for Teaching Awards open

303
Image credit: Exeter Guild
Image credit: Exeter Guild

Nominations have opened for the Students’ Guild Teaching Awards, offering students the chance to highlight the staff members that they feel have stood out this academic year.

The nominations are open until February 28 and there are eight categories in which students can nominate a member of staff, including Innovative Teaching, Best Feedback Provider and Research Inspired Teaching. In addition to nominations focused solely on academic excellence, such as Best Lecturer and Best Postgraduate Teaching Assistant, students can also recommend their Most Supportive member of Staff, Best Employability Support and Best Supervisor.

All nominations are anonymised and sent to the nominee in gratitude for their hard work.

Alex Louch VP Academic Affairs commented that “Staff greatly value these awards which help to foster the partnership between staff and students that we enjoy at Exeter. Help your department become the most recognised across the University!”

“In Exeter we have some of the best teachers and support staff in the world, and by recognising them we will continue to inspire even better teaching and support in the future”.

All students can nominate staff until the closing point at 16:00 February 28, following which the Student Staff Liaison Committees (SSLC) will receive the nominations for their subject and select a departmental winner in each category. From 17 to 21 March, student panels shortlist five names for each award from the departmental winners. Each SSLC then receives the nominations for their subject and select a departmental winner in each category. By March 28 the winners are chosen and the winners will be announced at a gala ceremony in Term Three.

Lauren Swift, Copy Editor