Home Arts & Lit Arts Recommend: 20 strangers kiss for the first time, surreal photographs, and...

Arts Recommend: 20 strangers kiss for the first time, surreal photographs, and more …

429

Every week we bring you our special selection of all things arty. From interesting websites to highly anticipated performances for your diary, there is something to spark all kinds of creative interest.

1. Surreal Photo manipulation by Dariusz Klimczak

Image credit:Dariusz Klimczak via Demilked

Polish photographer Dariusz Klimczak has composed surreal, dreamlike landscapes.

“The photographer’s digital photo manipulations open the door to his imaginative world, where a desolate desert is brought to life by quirky and playful characters. Everyday items clash in odd compositions with animals and humans, conflicting with gravity and the other physical laws without which our common sense would collapse.”

We are enormous fans of his work, and recommend that you take a look and be inspired by this Dali-esque photographer. We love the giraffe and elephant photographs, as well as the giant telephones and the house with the birds coming from the chimney. Take a look here to see for yourself on Demilked.

2. Arts Week @ Exeter University

Arts week will be happening on the 3rd to the 8th of June 2014, and those wanting to get involved should sign up now! Arts week is a week featuring a variety of workshops, acts and activities by music, screen, dance and arts societies.

If you would like to run your own workshop, have a performance, or work back stage then please email: lbm202@exeter.ac.uk or telephone: 07712 80622. Visit the University’s Arts and Culture website here for more information.

2.Magical photographs by Elena Shumilova

Image credit: Elena Shumilova via boredpanda.com

Russian mother, Elena Shumilova, takes heartwarming photos of her two children with animals on her farm. The photographs are enchanting and seem like something out of a dream, or Narnia. We particularly like the lakeside ones. Click here to view many more of the images on boredpanda.com.

4. Vegetables that are not what they seem …

Keeping with our surreal theme, artist Hikaru Cho has painted foods disguised as other foods in photographic detail. Take a look here on Colossal, and scroll down to see some other artists who have experimented with food in their work.

5. 20 strangers kiss for the first time

This video is an absolute must watch. Filmmaker Tatia Pilieva has captured one of the most awkward, vulnerable and intense moments that people can have; the first kiss. Twenty complete strangers are paired together, and it is equally interesting to watch the moments before they kiss as well as the kisses themselves.

Giverny Masso and Bryony James, Online Arts Editors

Visit the University of Exeter Arts and Culture website here.