The 10 Best April Fools Jokes of 2014.

The 10 Best April Fools Jokes of 2014.

1124

Exepose-Online Lifestyle Editors Alice Belton and Harriette Casey round up  the top 10 best April Fool’s Jokes of 2014….

1. One Direction go for chop in North Korea 
Image Credit: The Daily Mirror
Image Credit: The Daily Mirror

The Daily Mirror reported that Kim Jong-un has banned the boys from entering North Korea unless they get their hair cut…. Kim Jong-un style. Short back and sides is definitely not Harry Styles’ classic look, but that wasn’t all the North Korean leader had in store for the boys…..Not only would they look identical to the North Korean leader, but would also “be taught appropriate military style poptastic dance moves” to go alongside their snazzy new dos, according to the Daily Mirror.

2. England Football Team go Yellow for Brazil

Image Credit: The Daily Mail
Image Credit: The Daily Mail

The Daily Mail this morning released an exclusive that the England football team would be sporting a one-off Yellow kit for the World Cup in homage to the host Brazil. They released a photo shopped image of players Adam Lallana, Daniel Sturridge and Steven Gerrard modelling the canary yellow kit to give fans a taste of what’s to come.

3. Scotland to switch to driving on the right if given Independence

Image Credit: Guardian
Image Credit: Guardian

The Guardian reported that Scottish nationalists plan to boost their campaign this week by demonstrating what an independent Scotland would really be like. These measures would include driving on the right hand side of the road, replacing ‘M’ for motorway with an ‘S’ for Scotland and the A trunk roads to become ‘N’ roads…. for Nationalist, of course.

4. Piers Morgan Hired as Media Advisor for the Liberal Democrats

Image Credit: Huffington Post
Image Credit: Huffington Post

Ahead of the 2015 Elections, Lib Dem insiders have leaked to the world’s press that Piers Morgan is due to join their ranks as a Media Advisor. One politician supposedly commented, “Adding the biggest name in British media to the election team is a huge coup for Nick.” A controversial choice, to say the least.

5. Cutting Edge Fashion… Literally

Image Credit: ITV

Lorraine Kelly discussed the new trend to hit the high streets on ITV this morning- the cutlery craze! From Spoon pendants to teaspoon belts, everyone is following the new style according to Lorraine, including the likes of Beyoncé, Cheryl Cole and even the Duchess of Cambridge!

Check out the prank below:

http://www.itv.com/lorraine/style-beauty/cutting-edge-fashion

6. A Cambridge Choir… Helium Style

The famous King’s College Cambridge Boys Choir released a video in which chaplain Richard Lloyd Morgan explained that the choir were now unable to have younger boys singing in the choir. As a result, the University concluded that a large tank of helium was all that was needed in order to give the older boys the higher vocals. Watch the video below:

7. Instaview 

Image Credit: Guardian
Image Credit: Guardian

Guardian writer Oliver Wainwright published a convincing article suggesting that “as part of the government’s Happy Homes initiative… tenants would be given the chance to transform their windows with the application of a tinted [Instagram-like] filter.” This would allow residents to permanently transform their view, adding a colourful wash to their windows. Imagine it now, viewing the garden in Valencia or your street in Lo-Fi.

8. Square Eggs

Image Credit: ITV
Image Credit: ITV

Daybreak reported a new discovery in chicken farming, square eggs! According to ITV, a Freedom Food Farm has become the first farm in the world to rear chickens that lay square eggs. Of course, the new shape comes with added bonuses, such as ease of scrambling and simplistic sarnies.

9. Docklands Light Railway announce loop-the-loop feature for passengers 

Image Credit: Twitter
Image Credit: Twitter

@DLRLondon tweeted today to announce their plans for a new loop-the-loop feature to be added to Canary Wharf’s line. The company tweeted a picture of what the line would look like with this addition, suggesting that they have been “making the London commute more fun since 1987”.

10. Exeter University goes J K Kray

Image Credit: AP
Image Credit: AP

And of course, we had to mention the brilliant article posted by our very own online editor Meg Lawrence, “University to honour JK Rowling Tribute 24/7”. Imagine an Exeter Campus where Quidditch Cheering motivated you in the Sports Park and the sound of Dementors echoed through revision rooms, as well as Harry Potter theme tunes on loop in all public spaces. Good work, Meg.

Alice Belton and Harriette Casey,  Exeposé Online Lifestyle Editors.

Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter and Instagram @ExeposeLStyle!