Home Lifestyle Fitness and Wellbeing How To Get Fit in 10 Days  

How To Get Fit in 10 Days  

1470
Image Credit: Telegraph
Image Credit: Telegraph

Stephanie Parrott shows us how to get into shape in less than 2 weeks…

With the infamous Safer Sex Ball rapidly approaching, we all know we’re secretly panicking about the fact that our summer bods are no longer on top form, and hey, why should they be? It’s getting cold so there’s been no reason for us to bare all… until now and as we all know, our night at the ball will go down a storm if we look and feel good. Research shows that with effective technique and a proper routine, you’ll notice a difference in shape, physique, and health after no more than 10 days… so there we have it, that’s our aim, but how do we do it, how do you get fit quickly? It’s actually pretty simple; the easy way to seeing significant changes in a short amount of time is to combine the next few things…

Image Credit: GoodHouseKeeping
Image Credit: GoodHouseKeeping

1. Food
There is a reason that food is number one on the list… Abs are made in the kitchen. In terms of getting fit and seeing a change within 10 days, 90% of progress is based on what goes inside your stomach, so make sure it’s all good! This means cutting out all processed food and refined sugars (no post Mosaic dominos or TimePiece burgers!), avoiding snacking and trying hard not to go crazy on the carbs at meal times – seems easy enough. Food’s to look out for are lean protein such as chicken and fish, healthy fats such as nuts, avocados and oils, and fruit and vegetables.

1. Drink.

Image Credit: NBC Washington
    Image Credit: NBC Washington

Water is a massive contributor to getting fit and needs to be drunk all day, every day! With 70% of your muscles being made up of H2O, they need to be hydrated to work properly. In addition to helping with your progress in fitness, drinking plenty of water can clear up skin, giving you that extra glow, ready to dazzle at the ball. Then there’s the alcohol… if in these ten days you just have to drink, then there’s secret mixes that won’t ruin your day of eating well. Vodka, or alternatively Gin, has the lowest calories and mixed with tonic and lime, you’re looking at a drink with less than half of the calories of your standard Jaeger Bomb or VK – easy!

Image Credit: Precor
Image Credit: Precor

3. Exercise
Obviously this is a huge part of getting fit, especially in a certain time period and the bottom line is, the exercise isn’t going to be easy – walking on the treadmill at speed 6 for twenty minutes will not get you anywhere and especially not closer to your dream bod. The trick is to do exercise and make it count, make sure you feel it the next day because then you know you’re making a difference. To see progress in ten days it needs to be high-intensity cardio mixed with some strength training to rev the metabolism and work the muscles. Don’t only limit yourself to a gym, run up hills, squat while you watch tv, take the stairs, dance like a crazy person in the club for even longer than usual, just keep the workouts varied – this shocks the body and keeps it progressing, fat won’t stand a chance.

Image Credit: ListDose
Image Credit: ListDose

4. Sleep
Getting a decent amount of sleep (around 8 hours a night) can help protect your mental health and therefore, get you in the right frame of mind for getting fit fit fit. Even more importantly, chronic sleep deprivation can be known to cause weight gain, which completely defeats the point of what we’re doing here. So here’s to ten days of full on sleeping, and if you just have to go out, make the most of the early Exeter nightlife and still get a good old eight hours sleep before your 9am.

WTSB_excuses
5. Mental.

Most importantly, you’ve got to want it. It’s all about priorities and these next ten days need to be absolutely dedicated to getting fit. Download fitness apps, background inspirational photos, follow fitness pages on instagram and fitness tips on twitter. The Victoria’s Secret catwalk is a great one to watch… girls this is who you want to be and guys this is who you want to have. If you’re lying in bed, plank, if you’re driving, walk, if you’re sitting, stand and if you’re standing, squat. Over the next ten days, all that needs to be on your mind is getting fit because it’s actually very simple, if you want it enough, it’ll happen.

Stephanie Parrott.

Enjoyed this article? Don’t forget to like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter and Instagram @ExeposeLStyle