Home News New study spaces open at St Luke’s

New study spaces open at St Luke’s

588

A new high quality study space has opened in the Giraffe House on St Luke’s campus.

Designed as part of South Cloisters redevelopment, it includes 120 student study spaces, centrally bookable study rooms, a quiet study area and a “railway carriage” style study booths. It also holds 37 PCs, includes multiple power points and facilities for printing, copying and scanning.

Hugh McCann, Director of Estate Development at the University of Exeter, said: “This is a real milestone in an exciting project which represents a significant upgrade to facilities at our St Luke’s Campus. This year the Campus celebrates its 160th anniversary, and the new South Cloisters is part of our ongoing investment in modern facilities at the centre of a site with proud heritage.”

Ben Street, Students’ Guild Vice-President Education, is delighted to see the renovated and high quality study space at St. Luke’s and said: “boosting the availability of high quality study space on our campuses is an on-going priority and I know that our students will value this new facility.”

The study spaces are currently available to use. Research staff and new teaching spaces are expected to open later in the year.
Elizabeth Menshikova, News Team