Home Arts & Lit Features Big Book Releases of 2015

Big Book Releases of 2015

805

Catrin Southgate takes us through five of her most anticipated new releases of the year…

[divider]The Girl on the Train, by Paula Hawkins[/divider]

If you enjoyed Gone Girl you’ll love this new psychological thriller. Due to be released in mid- January, this novel tells the story of Rachel, an unemployed alcoholic, who becomes embroiled in a missing persons investigation. Fast paced, tense and compelling, this book will have you gripped until its final, dramatic conclusion.

Release Date: 15 January

photo credit: imdb.com
photo credit: imdb

[divider]Guantanamo Diary, by Mohamedou Ould Slahi[/divider]

Ould Slahi was imprisoned in Guantanamo Bay in 2002. He is still imprisoned today. This harrowing memoir is the  rst diary to be published by a still-imprisoned Guantanamo Bay detainee. In it, Slahi reveals instances of threats, sexual humiliation and torture. He shatters the secrecy of the prison and calls the American justice system into question.

Release Date: 20 January

photo credit: hachette books
photo credit: hachette books

[divider]The Buried Giant, by Kazo Ishiguro[/divider]

The release of this book must be considered the literary event of the year. After a decade, this critically acclaimed, Booker Prize-winning author is back with an intensely moving story of a couple, Beatrice and Axl, who are searching for their son. A compelling read. Featuring love, war and revenge, this book is a 2015 must-read.

Release Date: 3 March

photo credit: the buried giant
photo credit: amazon

[divider]The Witch of Painted Sorrows, by M. J. Rose[/divider]

M. J. Rose has created a spellbinding, gothic narrative set in the magni cent city of Paris. The novel centres on Sandrine Salome who has  ed America, escaping an abusive husband. Whilst in France, she encounters romance, passion and witchcraft. Heralded as the authors “most provocative and magical spellbinder yet,” this is a book not to be missed.

Release Date: 17 March

photo credit: goodreads.com
photo credit: goodreads

[divider]A Spool of Blue Thread, by Anne Tyler[/divider]

Anne Tyler has created a captivating narrative focusing on four generations of one family. This book captures the recognisable milestones of family life and is a celebration of genuine family connections. Dramas unfold and secrets are revealed as the plot moves backwards and forwards through time. It looks set to be a dramatic read.

Release Date: 10 February

photo credit: amazon.com
photo credit: amazon

Catrin Southgate

Are there any 2015 new releases you plan to queue at midnight for? Comment below or write to us on our Facebook and Twitter pages! 

*featered image credit: Mail Online