Home News Pieminister hopes to open Exeter outlet

Pieminister hopes to open Exeter outlet

906

pieBritish pie chain Pieminister has recently announced plans to open new stores across the UK, with Exeter eyed as a possible location.

With the chain already having occupied a space as one of Exeter University’s Guild outlets, the chain hopes to expand into the city centre.

The business began 12 years ago in a small flat in Bristol, baking pies for small festivals and markets. Since then, the business has experienced exceptional growth with 10 successful outlets in various towns and cities.

Founders Tristian Hogg and Jon Simon, have announced plans to open 20 more pie shops in places like Exeter, Leeds, Liverpool and Manchester.

Jon Simon, co-founder of Pieminister, said “These are really exciting times for us. Our growth to date has really surprised us, but there’s obviously a big appetite out there for quality, ethical and filling food that isn’t overcomplicated or expensive.”

A third year History student said: “Pieminister has been such a great addition to the Uni, widening food choices on campus. The pies are delicious and good value for money – I think it will be a great asset to Exeter’s high street.”

The company’s prestige is proven with an abundance of awards collected over the last 10 years, including accolades for Britain’s best steak pie and best chicken pie.

They were also voted one of the 1,000 companies that inspire Britain in 2013, supplying pies to Harrod’s, Selfridges and even the Queen.

Akash Beri, News Team