Home Exeter Could you volunteer for Summer Adventures?

Could you volunteer for Summer Adventures?

941

Summer Adventures is Exeter Student Volunteers’ Flagship project, and is currently recruiting volunteers for this summer. Exeposé Lifestyle catch up with Sophie and Anna, who are the project managers for this year.

What is Summer Adventures?

Summer Adventures is a two week activity camp for young carers; the first week is a day camp for 8 – 11 year olds, and the second week is a residential camp for 12- 15 year olds. The project aims to give young carers a respite break from their responsibilities at home as the children take part in activities such as arts and crafts, outdoor games and day trips to local attractions. The really cool thing is that the project is organised and run purely by student volunteers!

When does the project take place?

In the summer – August the 2nd – 15th. We raise all of the funds to pay for student travel to Exeter, accommodation, food and uniform for the project, so volunteers are never out of pocket!

Why should students get involved?

Being a part of Exeter Student Volunteers flagship project is great fun, and a truly rewarding experience, which will give you great skills while genuinely making an impact on the lives of young carers. It’s a great way to meet new people, and although everyone says it, its really good for your CV!

If you would like to apply click here for an application form. Deadline for receiving applications is 4pm on Monday 2nd February.

Meg Lawrence, Online Editor