Home News EXCLUSIVE: Game of Thrones’ DJ Hodor set to play at the Lemmy

EXCLUSIVE: Game of Thrones’ DJ Hodor set to play at the Lemmy

1640

Kristian Nairn, the actor who plays Hodor in HBO’s Game of Thrones, is set to DJ at the Lemmy on Saturday 21 March, Exeposé can exclusively reveal.

Having toured worldwide at the end of last year, Nairn will be bringing his DJ set ‘Rave of Thrones’ to Exeter in three weeks’ time. He has been playing at venues for over 20 years.

Here’s what you can expect from the night via his soundcloud.

Nairn’s ‘Rave of Thrones’ comes as part of year which has seen a number of big acts play at the Lemmy. These have included Clean Bandit, Shift K3Y, Duke Dumont, Frank Turner and Sigma.

Nick Lawley, President of the Exeter University Game of Thrones Society, organised the event in collaboration with the Lemmy. He told Exepose:

‘When Dan Hull-Sieff and I founded the Exeter University Game of Thrones Society, we thought we would get maybe over 20 members. We didn’t expect to welcome hundreds of members into the society and we certainly did not begin to dream of being able to welcome Kristian Nairn, a.k.a. Hodor, to DJ at the Lemon Grove.

Lawley went on to describe how the event came about:

‘This project for us started way back in September after a meeting with Matt Bate (VP Activities). Dan and I agreed over the summer that there was no way we could leave university without bringing one of the actors from the show to Exeter and now we have achieved that. I really cannot begin to thank Matt Bate, and Christopher Young and Alex Mattingly from the Lemmy enough for their efforts in securing Kristian.’

The Exeter University Game of Thrones Society has gone from strength to strength over the past two years. They were the first university Game of Thrones society in the world to be officially recognised by HBO itself and have received free merchandise as well as DVDs of the series. George RR Martin sent them signed photos which were used in a Freshers’ Fair raffle.

Find out more information on the Lemmy website and the Exeter University Game of Thrones Society page.

Laura-Jane Tiley, Online News Editor