Home News EUSO launches 50th Anniversary season with spring concert

EUSO launches 50th Anniversary season with spring concert

732

EUSO (Exeter University Symphony Orchestra) are marking their fiftieth anniversary season with a spring concert on 22nd March, entitled ‘Sounds of Spring’.

Founded in 1965, EUSO is one of largest music groups at university, with around 60 members, and plays a range of orchestral music, from classical and romantic to contemporary.

EUSO President, Bethany Baker, said ‘I’m confident that the orchestra’s fiftieth year will be a special one for everyone involved, and I really look forward to celebrating this significant landmark with our members, audiences and alumni.’

She also thanked the University Music Office and Roger Hendy, one of EUSO’s founding members, for his ‘ongoing enthusiasm and support’.

‘Sounds of Spring’ will feature works by Dvořák, Smetana, Saint-Saëns and Crusell on Sunday 22nd March at 2.30pm in the Great Hall, University of Exeter.

There will also be a range of celebratory events throughout the year to celebrate EUSO’s anniversary. EUSO conductor, Richard Harvey (a former Director of Music with the Royal Marines), said ‘As a conductor it is fantastic to be able to work with such a talented and dedicated group of young musicians, and I am very much looking forward to our concerts this year.’

Tickets can be reserved by emailing eusoconnected@gmail.com or on the door.

Nicola Dashfield, News Team

Follow @ExeposeNews on Twitter and like us here on Facebook