Home Arts & Lit Arts On The Move: Preview

Arts On The Move: Preview

744

Arts On The Move: a great day to be fully immersed into the world of art. Valentina Vacchelli, Online Arts&Lit Editor, previews the event.

The fourth Arts On The Move festival is getting closer, and it’s time to have a better look at this arty event. You have probably seen the green and gold logo all around campus and town, and wondered what it was all about. On Sunday 7th of June, from 12 to 6pm, Poltimore House will be transformed into a crazy art lab, exploding with colours, voices and images. Don’t worry, nothing too dangerous, it’s all organised by students.

Arts On The Move is a festival about Devon and its artists; it gathers photographers, painters, actors, poets, musicians and much more. The great villa, which is part of Devon’s landmarks, is the perfect location for this event, and every room will host different activities. This year the Gallery will exhibit photographs by Paddy Bartram and Edwin Yeung, while in the Entrance Hall there will be those by Bea Wyles, Brenning and Thomas Hanks. The Lawn Stage will have music going on all the time, from Holly Morwenna to Sound of the Sirens. And as cuisine can be considered a form of art too, there will be stands from where to pick the most delicious lunch you want. Cathy Rose will be slacklining in the Lawn while Footlights will have the Churchyard all for themselves. There will also be art workshops, one held by ArtSoc and a Family Friendly Drama one will take place in the playhouse.

And if this is still too mysterious for you, well I think that the surprise is part of the event itself. Poltimore House on the 7th of June will be like a secret magical box to open up, and I am sure the event will give so much to everybody who attends it, and in many different ways.

Arts On The Move blog bookmark me